Updates from Dr. Ann & SPVC
Hello to our wonderful clients,
We are now back to operating almost fully staffed. As of this week (5/4), we will be back to taking appointments for regular well-checks, preventative care, vaccines, dentals, and surgeries!
Newest information shows that WE can GIVE our PETS Covid-19. We CANNOT GET Covid-19 FROM our pets. If your pet is coughing, please contact us. We will need to run an initial PCR Respiratory screen BEFORE considering testing them for Covid-19. SPVC has access to those tests. As a reminder, the tests we run are not the same as the tests run on people, and we cannot run tests on people.
Please give us a call to schedule an appointment! We are continuing to practice social distancing (see instructions below for appointment protocol) and are continuing to follow CDC instructions per sanitizing and cleaning.
If you would like to join us in recognizing our staff, and their above-and-beyond-the-call efforts during this time, please feel free to salute them on:
As a reminder, we will no longer be accepting checks after April 15th.
We continue to keep our hospital clean and disinfected, including have increased cleanings in accordance with CDC recommendations to ensure our clients and staff are kept safe. Similarly, hand washing hygiene is critically important in a hospital, a step we continue to emphasize to staff and clients. Any staff member or associate who is not feeling well, or has a family member who is not feeling well understands that we support them staying home.
Veterinary care is an essential part of our community and we want to assure you that our hospital is open and will continue to provide services at this time. We also want to work with you and our staff to limit direct contact in order to focus on safety for everyone during this pandemic. Accordingly, we ask that you follow the below steps for the safety of all:
• Upon arrival at the hospital, please remain in your vehicle and call us.
• After receipt of the call, we will check you in as soon as possible. Once an exam room is ready, you will be called back and you with your pet will be put directly into an exam room.
• If you believe you need to be inside our facility, please discuss that request in advance with the Hospital Manager, Medical Director, and/or attending veterinarian.
• If you are at the hospital to pick up food or medication, please remain in your car and call the front desk. We will deliver your order to your car as quickly as possible.
• If you are not feeling well or may be at risk of exposure to coronavirus, please ask a healthy friend or family member to transport your pet to the hospital on your behalf.
• We will do our best to coordinate your visit to the hospital, including providing follow up instructions and taking payments. Payment by credit card or exact cash is accepted. We will not be taking checks at this time.
Call with questions and concerns. We are here for you and your family.
Dr. Ann and Staff